Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Yummy Dinner Last Night

So yesterday I got me 3 new bottles of Healthy Trim in the mail. One thing I really love is that it ships so quickly. I ordered Friday it was in my mailbox on Monday! How fantastic, right?

Well anyway- yesterday I had one of those healthy choice frozen meals for lunch. It was great. It was chicken parm with a little bit of pasta, broccoli and an apple crisp type dessert :) It was only 350 calories and it made me feel full - I think a lot of dieting is in your head and the mind games you play with yourself. Like I had a complete meal so I must be full, even if it was only 350 calories :) I'm going to try a different food combo next week- I'll report back...

As for dinner last night- ugh it was so good! It was bbq casserole. Instead of using ground beef we used ground turkey again. For only 450 calories, it was a palate pleaser!

Here's the recipe (it makes 6 portions):
Brown 1lb of ground turkey and 1 diced onion.
in separate pan, cook 10 ounces of pasta
Drain the pasta, add the turkey/onion mixture
add 1 cup of bbq sauce
add 1/4 cup parsley
add 1 cup shredded mozzarella (I used part skim to cut out some more calories)
top with 1 cup low fat shredded cheddar
Put it in the oven in a greased casserole dish for 20 or so minutes at 350.

I'll be back today with more :) I'm going to a restaurant where I love a sandwich that is probably 1500 calories... wish me luck- I don't want to order it, but I know how good it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment