Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Wonderful (LOW CALORIE) Dinner Last night

Just thought I would share with you all a recipe that I got out of our George Forman Cookbook. It was FANTASTIC- so much flavor :)

Pineapple Honey Chicken Breasts:

1/4 c. Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1t. Ginger
1t. Vegetable Oil (I used EVOO)
1 Clove Garlic
2 T. Honey
4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Halves
4 Fresh Pineapple Slice (or canned)

Mix the soy sauce, ginger, EVOO, garlif and honey. Put the chicken on the grill and spoon sauce over each piece. Allow to grill for 3 minutes (or 4 if you don't cut it in 1/2) flip and get some sauce on the other side. Grill for 3-4 minutes. Then place the pineapple on the chicken and grill for 3-4 more minutes until the Chicken in cooked all the way through. SUPER YUMMY!

Trick I learned with this recipe: Cut Chicken breasts to 1/2 thickness- doubles the amount you've got and lowers the calories if you only have one- we saved our second half for lunch today!

As a side, we had lemon garlic grilled zucchini- Super easy. Zucchini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic (minced), pepper and salt! Only needs to grill or sautee for 4-5 minutes.

Did I mention the whole meal, which was very filling, for both my husband and myself was only 300 calories?

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment