Friday, August 28, 2009

How much do I need to eat

When on a diet, it's important to eat at least what your body needs to keep running, otherwise you'll get tired and you may end up overeating (bad foods) to compensate.

Here's what we need to think about:

655+(4.3 x weight in lbs) + (4.7 x inches in height) + (4.7 x age)

So for me, that's around 1800 Calories. I want to lose a little bit more, so I'm ok giving my body between 1500-1700 caloriees a day. Otherwise I'll be hungrier the next day and be tempted to binge eat!

So on a daily diet I'll have:
1) A million glasses of water
2) 1/2 a sandwich
3) 100 Calories of Yogurt
4) 125 Calories of Granola
5) A Piece of Fruit
6) A sweet fix of 100 calorie pack of sorts

That keeps me under 500 for lunch, then I have a bit more for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment